DIY Hanging Frames and YouTube Video

Hey Guys!  It’s Wednesday and we are back with another YouTube video tutorial!  As a mom of 5 kiddos, I am always looking for creative ways to display their pictures that make updating the pictures easy.  We have shared lots of clip frames over the years, and this one might be my favorite.  Before we get started, be sure to check out the YouTube tutorial by clicking HERE or below!

How cute are these!?

First step is making your cuts.  You can download and print the FREE PLANS by clicking HERE!  We used one of 3 tools featured in our 3 Tool Project Ebook for this part… The miter saw!

Here are the cuts for one frame…

Your next step will be lining the 4 12″ boards up side by side like this…

Now, run a line of wood glue down each end like this.

To keep these in place, attach the two smaller boards down both ends using 5/8″ brad nails with the brad nailer.

Now your frame should look a bit like this…

It’s already time for the finish!  We painted ours using an awesome spray paint from Rust-Oleum called Granite.  You can find it at Home Depot.

While those were drying we painted our silver metal corners.  We wanted these to match our clips so we went with a black spray paint on this part.

After the frame was dry, we used a bit of rough grit sand paper to lightly distress the edges and corners.

Next, you are ready to apply the clips.  We found ours HERE on Amazon.

We get asked the best kind of glue for this type of application all the time.  We always seem to have great results using this Super Glue Gel.

After that was all dry, we added a little twine to each frame just to give it a bit more character, and then got them up on the wall.

Here they are all finished up!

1. www.EasyWoodwork.info on July 29, 2018 at 8:53 am

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
    ⭐🔨⭐🔨⭐🔨

I built my own using the plans at www. EasyWoodwork.info – highly recommended you check those out too. They are detailed and super easy to read and understand unlike several others I found online. The amount of plans there is mind-boggling… there’s like 16,000 plans or something like that for tons of different projects. Definitely enough to keep me busy with projects for many more years to come haha

Head on over to www. EasyWoodwork.info if you want to learn more – click the pink link above for some more plans! Best of luck on your building adventures!

⭐🔨
    ⭐🔨
    ✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌

2. Heather on July 3, 2018 at 9:15 pm

Love this. Will be doing this in my hallway.

Where is the black ceiling light from?

3. Hayllie on June 4, 2018 at 7:34 am

Howd you do the plank wall? Lol

4. www.EasyWoodwork.org on May 5, 2018 at 1:09 am

Yay!! I LOVE the hanging frames I built! I used the plans at www. EasyWoodwork.org to build it – highly recommended you check those out too. They are detailed and super easy to read and understand unlike several others I found online. The amount of plans there is mind-boggling… there’s like 16,000 plans or something like that for tons of different projects. Definitely enough to keep me busy with projects for many more years to come haha

www. EasyWoodwork.org – click the red link above for some more plans! Best of luck on your building adventures!

5. Alyssa Sellers on April 6, 2018 at 10:51 pm

What size pictures are hung on these?

6. Nancy on March 13, 2018 at 8:56 pm

I would love to know how you did the wood wall, what kind of wood it it? Is it stained?

7. Elizabeth on February 16, 2018 at 1:32 pm

The video shows the frames hanging without the twine. How did you hang them? Some of us beginners need to know! 😉

8. Cristin on February 15, 2018 at 10:02 pm

I came here for the wooden plank wall hook idea too. Hmmm

9. Sharon on June 17, 2017 at 10:13 am

Are the pictures just clipped or are they also attached to the wood?
    If attached…with glue?

10. Brandon Michael on May 23, 2017 at 4:54 pm
    • Valerie St James on June 23, 2017 at 6:44 pm

Where did you find your craft board for the sides? I’m struggling to find some.

• Rory King on July 17, 2017 at 12:12 pm

I was having the same issue, Michael’s was always out of this size and I was having a terrible time finding them, but I actual found them on complete accident at Lowe’s. They were in a in aisle along the bottom, they have them in pine and oak.

• Valerie St James on July 17, 2017 at 12:13 pm

I found mine at lowes too! Thank you for the reply. ????

• Ashlie on August 8, 2018 at 4:19 am

What color paint is this?

11. Ryann Smith on March 2, 2017 at 12:40 pm

Do you have a tutorial for the wood plank wall?

12. Melanie Dhaemers on January 3, 2017 at 5:27 pm

Love this!! what size picture does it hold? How did you attach twine to frame?

13. Jamie K on December 22, 2016 at 6:57 am

Those are easy and darlin!!! thank you for sharing!! Can’t wait to try it!

• Kaycee Laboudiere on December 22, 2016 at 7:07 am

Agree, ty!!! How did you fasten the twine though to hang them ?

• Meredith Wing Davis on May 4, 2017 at 10:51 am

Did you make these? Trying to figure out if you got an answer about attaching the twine.

• Kaycee Laboudiere on May 4, 2017 at 3:36 pm

I haven’t made them yet but I ordered the clips and would still like to make them. Do you know how to best attach the twine because I still haven’t heard.

• Tiffany on May 25, 2017 at 7:54 am

I would say tie knots on the ends of the yarn leaving as much of a tail you’d want and staple to the top of the frame. The knots will prevent the yarn from sliding out from under the staple.

• Kaycee Laboudiere on May 25, 2017 at 6:09 pm

Thank you! I really appreciate this suggestion!