DIY Turned Leg Farmhouse Dining Table

Hey guys!  Happy Wednesday!

I am so happy to share today’s project with y’all!  We built the Davis family an amazing farmhouse dining table for their new kitchen on HGTV, and we were thrilled with the results.  Look how pretty it turned out!

Isn’t she beautiful?!  LOVE LOVE this table… Actually, I love the whole setup.

This is a fairly basic build.  Be sure to download the FREE PLANS by Clicking HERE!

Here are the overall dimensions for this table…

You need to start with your legs on this one!

We worked with Osborne Wood to design these amazing legs!  You can find them HERE on Osborne’s site!

The first step is attaching the legs together using the bottom supports.  I used my K5 Kreg Jig to create 1.5″ pocket holes in the aprons and supports, and then attached them using wood glue and 2.5″ pocket hole screws.

Next, I attached the two sets of legs together with the long bottom runner and 2.5″ pocket hole screws.  Be sure to use wood glue with all your joints on the table base.

Attach the aprons next.  Again, these use 2.5″ pocket hole screws through the 1.5″ pocket holes.

The base is done at this point!  Pretty darn easy, right??

Now for the tabletop!  We planked the tabletop using 1.5″ pocket holes and 2.5″ pocket hole screws.

Once you have the tabletop assembled, set the base on it, and attach the base to the top using 2.5″ pocket hole screws through the apron pieces.

We stained our table using Varathane Stain in Dark Walnut.  You can find this at the Home Depot.  This week we shared a quick Q&A giving a few tips on staining as well as how we control the sawdust made from our miter saws.   You can check it out HERE or in the box below.

And… Here are a few more shots of our table all finished up!

1. Kelly on November 10, 2018 at 11:46 am

Beautiful ! Where is the chandelier from ?

2. Kelly on November 10, 2018 at 11:45 am

Gorgeous! Where is the chandelier from ?

3. Natalie Roberts on August 17, 2018 at 9:40 am

Is it possible to build these longer, like 96″ or would that get into needing more supports in the middle?

4. ❤❤🔨🔨❤❤❤❤🔨🔨❤❤❤🔨🔨🔨
    I built my own using the plans at www. WoodworkPlans.info – highly recommended you check those out too. They are detailed and super easy to read and understand unlike several others I found online. The amount of plans there is mind-boggling… there’s like 16,000 plans or something like that for tons of different projects. Definitely enough to keep me busy with projects for many more years to come haha

www. WoodworkPlans.info

✌✌✌🔨🔨✌✌✌✌🔨🔨✌✌✌✌🔨🔨🔨

5. kitchen tools on January 25, 2018 at 1:11 pm

I your writing style truly enjoying this internet site.

6. Emily Keener on October 27, 2017 at 12:49 pm

I’m looking at these table legs on Osborne Wood and I’m wondering what type of wood you used? Or, is there a type of wood you recommend using?

7. P Simon on September 26, 2017 at 2:58 pm

Random…but where are those black chairs from? Thanks!!

8. Rebecca on September 15, 2017 at 3:55 am

will there be a tutorial oh how to make the wood wall with the bench, that is with this table?

9. Nicole Gerding on July 28, 2017 at 7:49 am

Absolutely beautiful! Can you share what type of wood this is made out of? Thanks!

10. Roseanne Crawford on July 24, 2017 at 11:50 am

Will there be more pictures posted of the Davis remodel? Their old kitchen layout is very close to mine kitchen. I love the idea new layout would like to see more of it! Wonderful job!

11. Jamie K on July 23, 2017 at 3:28 pm