We are so excited to share some exciting news with you guys! We have teamed up with AtHome stores to bring Shanty2Chic‘s exclusive designs to every AtHome store across the country! There are over 100, original Shanty2Chic pieces in the initial collection and it will all hit stores January 2018! The collection will feature everything from headboards and bedroom furniture, dining and coffee tables to modular bookcases.
Watch the video for more info and a sneak peek of some of the pieces!
Our goal in this collection, when we started the process two years ago, was to bring our original designs, at a high quality and affordable price point to everyone! We have worked closely with the AtHome team to make sure that we were 110% thrilled with the look, quality and price and we can’t wait for you guys to see everything! Here is a little behind-the-scenes peek at some of the design process!
The first hurdle was determining which of our designs to start the collection with. This was so hard, considering the years of furniture designs we have! This was our first look at the first dining room collection, all put together!
A huge step in the design process and one of the most important to us, was making sure that the finishes looked exactly like our finishes! We created 15 of our favorite finishes – everything from dark walnut stain to a distressed gray, chippy paint and everything in between. And because we know it will be asked, Briarsmoke definitely make the list 😉
The most exciting moment for us was when we were able to see the pieces for the first time, in person. This step was all about making sure that the finishes matched, the hardware was on point and the quality was fantastic! Our job was to either sign off on a piece (meaning that it is ready for stores) we called it “put a ring on it” or if it needed more altering. This happened a few times before every piece was perfect! Here’s a sneak peek at some of the process 😉
This opportunity is truly a dream come true for us, in so many ways! Our grandmother (MeMe) LOVED to shop at Garden Ridge. For those that don’t know, Garden Ridge is the former name of AtHome stores and the place she took us to, so many times, to help us decorate our first homes. She passed away shortly before they rebranded but she would have been so proud of their new look, layout of the stores and the new focus on home decor items. To have our designs in AtHome stores is very special to us. We wish that she was here with us to experience the excitement but we know she is looking down on us and bragging to all of her friends in Heaven 🙂
When we first started building furniture, 9 years ago, we dreamed that one day we would be able to provide our designs to everyone! Not just those that build from our plans but for those that don’t have the time or desire to DIY! Beginning in January 2018, our dreams will become reality and we are still pinching ourselves!
We have had so many questions on social media, about the new line, so we are going to do our best to answer the most asked here!
- Where can I find an AtHome store near me? There are currently 149 AtHome stores across the US with 30+ more locations opening in 2018. You can click HERE to find your closest location!
- Will every AtHome store carry the Shanty2Chic Collection? Yes! Beginning January 2018 every store in the country will carry our collection. There will be a welcome table at the front with featured pieces as well as a few room vignettes around the stores. You can also find other pieces on the shelves. Our pieces can be found in categories all across the store!
- Can I purchase online? AtHome does not sell product online. You can see some of the pieces and prices on their website HERE but they will need to be purchased in-store!
- Does this mean that you won’t be sharing your free plans anymore? Absolutely not! We will still be building, designing, and sharing the free plans and how-to videos, for new furniture every week! You might even see some new designs pop up in AtHome stores for furniture collections 😉
- Will you be hosting Meet and Greet events? Yes! Beginning mid-January, we will be visiting AtHome stores across the country and we are excited to meet so many of you in person! We will keep you posted on dates and locations!
That should help cover some of your questions but please feel free to reach out on social media or contact us via email if you have anymore!
This wouldn’t have happened without you guys and we are so thankful for your continued support! Every picture, email or social media post we receive means so much to us and makes us truly love what we do! You have helped us turn our hobby into a dream and we can’t wait to see what is in store for 2018!
Ashley and Whitney