About Us

Meet sisters Ashley & Whitney, two power tool wielding DIY queens, on a mission to create beautiful and affordable furniture, turning houses into homes. Self-described coffee enthusiasts and treasure-weavers, the two sisters transformed a hobby into a dream career. The self-taught carpenters post their journey online to inspire other people to “pick up that scary tool and go!” Hosts of HGTV’s Open Concept, and designers of the Shanty2Chic Home Collection exclusively at At Home Stores nationwide.

A&W

Shanty 2 Chic Headshot 2015

Whitney

Hey guys~ Whitney here! A little background about me and what started this whole process... I am a mommy to 5 wonderful and crazy kids and wife to Jenson.   I have attempted (not always achieved) almost any craft. I have found along the way that I love, love the process of building a piece of furniture from raw wood and my power tool stash, of course.
I love Jesus, my family, my tools and coffee.  We built our house in 2009 and I have spent the last few years making it a home.  I love to teach others and give advice on all things DIY and I love learning as well.  I'm lucky to be able to share this experience with my sister Ashley!
Whitney Headshot
 Whitney Family Photo

Ashley

Hey guys! I'm Ashley. I have 3 kids, Kade, Tris and Tenley. I built our home in 2013 and moved into it with no furniture. Since then, I have been busy building custom furniture to fill our new home. In our new home, so far, I have built 4 beds, 3 tables, 3 coffee tables, 2 console tables, a buffet, a media storage dresser, a mantel, 3 desks, 4 nightstands and lots of shelves, wall treatments and accent pieces. I am a home body and my second home is my workshop. I love power tools, cute shoes and purses and I love designing furniture and watching it come to life in my shop. My passion is teaching and encouraging people to DIY and I am so blessed to work along side my sis, Whit!

ash-headshot

1. Cindy Tittle on October 12, 2019 at 9:01 am

Hey Ladies! I’ve been a fan from the start! I’m a self acclaimed DIYer but don’t get to DIY near enough! My husband and I are recent empty nesters and are in the planning stage of a total home makeover (who am I kidding, I’ve been planning this for years and already have the floor plans sketched, lol). Our first project will be our workshop/barn (I’m a city girl so I say workshop, my husband is a country boy so he says barn, lol). I want the perfect combo for he I, but I don’t know where to start? I want a space in the workshop for my DIYing and he needs the rest for all his tools, farm stuff and storage. Any ideas plans etc. would be SO appreciated! Ya’ll are the best, keep rockin’ it!!
    Sincerely,
    Cindy

2. My name is Diana Myers can be reached at 205-999-1240. Thank you on September 23, 2019 at 1:31 pm

I saw a cabinet yesterday at at home. The cabinet is a white distressed tall estimated to be about 5 foot tall maybe 24 inches wide and 12 inches deep. It had three drawers on the bottom and the top had a barn door closure. Can this item be purchased through your website?
    My name is Diana Myers can be reached at 205-999-1240. Thank you

3. Kristine on September 23, 2019 at 12:43 pm

I am looking for the Industrial Bookshelves that was previously sold in the At Home stores. Can you help please!

4. Rory on September 6, 2019 at 7:19 pm

You gals are the bomb. Just have to say, thanks so much for helpful ideas.

5. Eduardo J. Morales on September 4, 2019 at 7:26 pm

Awesome job!!

Can you please update your site with paints, stains, etc. color palettes? In addition, can you please list the specific brands of paints, stains, etc.?

Keep on going!! 🙂

6. James Chapman on September 3, 2019 at 5:31 am

Hello,

Greetings to you!
    Hope you are doing well at shanty-2-chic.com

I want to submit a guest post on your blog. Do you have any room for me, please? If Yes, I would like to get started following your terms and conditions.

I’ll pay for the dofollow link if you wish.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,
    James Chapman

7. Rod on September 1, 2019 at 9:53 am

Hi. I really love your work and how you go about your business. I recently launched a podcast where I interview creative people who are doing great things in life and business. I love all the things you girls do and would love to have your story on our upcoming episode. Pls let me know if you are interested.

8. Amy Roscoe on August 24, 2019 at 1:42 pm

I love your floating shelf tutorial! I am making some for my kitchen. I mis measured the bracket length. My shelves will be 30 inches long and the bracket is cut to 28 inches. So it is not a snug fit. Will that be a problem? Will the shelf hold?

Thank you so much!!!

9. joe villarreal on August 23, 2019 at 8:29 pm

I have a question on your rustic modern queen bed the one you built your daughter. I am going to build this bed for my daughter and I really like the color. can you tell me what kind of stain you used. thanks for you help

10. jess on August 15, 2019 at 9:38 am

Hi! You two “rip” a lot of your wood. I was hoping you could give advice or make a video on how to do so! The only tool I have is a circular saw but would be willing to buy the necessary tools. I am also confused how you measure the sides to rip it properly. Any advice would help! thanks

11. Mike on August 9, 2019 at 10:05 pm

Looking to rent space to build, how did you find yours?

12. Jennifer V on August 9, 2019 at 10:41 am

What is the brand of mattress you bought that you have raved about? I cannot find the link. Thanks. Love your plans and positivity.

13. Denise on July 26, 2019 at 8:46 pm

Are y’all ever going to be back on HGTV? Do y’all ever do any classes where you can teach how to build something?

14. Tracy on July 25, 2019 at 11:14 am

Do you have plans for the workbench in your workshop (that includes the slide in drawer in the middle)?

15. Tony on July 23, 2019 at 12:22 pm

Can you offer any advice on how to create sliding barn doors for the basement utility windows? I have two windows that I would like to install barn doors on them to close off the man cave when applicable. Thank you.