About Us

Meet sisters Ashley & Whitney, two power tool wielding DIY queens, on a mission to create beautiful and affordable furniture, turning houses into homes. Self-described coffee enthusiasts and treasure-weavers, the two sisters transformed a hobby into a dream career. The self-taught carpenters post their journey online to inspire other people to “pick up that scary tool and go!” Hosts of HGTV’s Open Concept, and designers of the Shanty2Chic Home Collection exclusively at At Home Stores nationwide.

A&W

Shanty 2 Chic Headshot 2015

Whitney

Hey guys~ Whitney here! A little background about me and what started this whole process... I am a mommy to 5 wonderful and crazy kids and wife to Jenson.   I have attempted (not always achieved) almost any craft. I have found along the way that I love, love the process of building a piece of furniture from raw wood and my power tool stash, of course.
I love Jesus, my family, my tools and coffee.  We built our house in 2009 and I have spent the last few years making it a home.  I love to teach others and give advice on all things DIY and I love learning as well.  I'm lucky to be able to share this experience with my sister Ashley!
Whitney Headshot
 Whitney Family Photo

Ashley

Hey guys! I'm Ashley. I have 3 kids, Kade, Tris and Tenley. I built our home in 2013 and moved into it with no furniture. Since then, I have been busy building custom furniture to fill our new home. In our new home, so far, I have built 4 beds, 3 tables, 3 coffee tables, 2 console tables, a buffet, a media storage dresser, a mantel, 3 desks, 4 nightstands and lots of shelves, wall treatments and accent pieces. I am a home body and my second home is my workshop. I love power tools, cute shoes and purses and I love designing furniture and watching it come to life in my shop. My passion is teaching and encouraging people to DIY and I am so blessed to work along side my sis, Whit!

ash-headshot

1. Jason Gortman on September 13, 2020 at 10:11 am

My wife loves the new king bed you made, i’m going to try to make it with a few mods and I was just wondering what design software you use when sketching it up.

Keep up the Great work.

Jason.

2. Matt on September 9, 2020 at 5:09 pm

Hi Ladies,

Have you ever built an overbed table with wheels?

Wife is wanting me to make one, found your site is a good resource and thinking it would be a great build for you with so many people working from home

Thanks,

3. Chris on September 9, 2020 at 10:23 am

My wife and I are welcoming our first child in December and I plan to furnish the nursery with the crib, changing table, and dresser from your plans (I LOVE your style of builds)! My only concern with it is the crib finish…I’m not super fluent in wood finishes. Is the Varathane baby safe after it’s dried? I’ve done some Google researching and I think it is, but I’m not positive. I’m asking because I like the finish you used, it looks much better than the finishes that I’ve found marketed as “baby safe”. I could also be over-thinking it and have a false perception of how much the baby will chew on the crib.

4. Tracy Mackie on September 9, 2020 at 6:49 am

I live in the Dallas Fort Worth area and would like to know where you get your wood. Is there a really good lumber yard that you use? Thank you!

5. Rachel on August 29, 2020 at 3:36 pm

I found one of your end tables in the “At Home” store and fell in love with the darker wood top and white legs! I’m looking for a console and coffee table like it. Do you have plans for making them?

6. Marcelo on August 24, 2020 at 1:54 pm

Is it possible to have the free plans for the coffee table featured on IG post of November 9, 2019 please?

7. Michelle Beechinor on August 18, 2020 at 9:33 am

Good Morning, We are building the Fancy Farmhouse table and we are unsure how to attach the table top to the base of the table, if you could give a hand that would be awesome thank you.