About Us

Meet sisters Ashley & Whitney, two power tool wielding DIY queens, on a mission to create beautiful and affordable furniture, turning houses into homes. Self-described coffee enthusiasts and treasure-weavers, the two sisters transformed a hobby into a dream career. The self-taught carpenters post their journey online to inspire other people to “pick up that scary tool and go!” Hosts of HGTV’s Open Concept, and designers of the Shanty2Chic Home Collection exclusively at At Home Stores nationwide.

A&W

Shanty 2 Chic Headshot 2015

Whitney

Hey guys~ Whitney here! A little background about me and what started this whole process... I am a mommy to 5 wonderful and crazy kids and wife to Jenson.   I have attempted (not always achieved) almost any craft. I have found along the way that I love, love the process of building a piece of furniture from raw wood and my power tool stash, of course.
I love Jesus, my family, my tools and coffee.  We built our house in 2009 and I have spent the last few years making it a home.  I love to teach others and give advice on all things DIY and I love learning as well.  I'm lucky to be able to share this experience with my sister Ashley!
Whitney Headshot
 Whitney Family Photo

Ashley

Hey guys! I'm Ashley. I have 3 kids, Kade, Tris and Tenley. I built our home in 2013 and moved into it with no furniture. Since then, I have been busy building custom furniture to fill our new home. In our new home, so far, I have built 4 beds, 3 tables, 3 coffee tables, 2 console tables, a buffet, a media storage dresser, a mantel, 3 desks, 4 nightstands and lots of shelves, wall treatments and accent pieces. I am a home body and my second home is my workshop. I love power tools, cute shoes and purses and I love designing furniture and watching it come to life in my shop. My passion is teaching and encouraging people to DIY and I am so blessed to work along side my sis, Whit!

ash-headshot

1. Amanda Englund on August 26, 2018 at 1:17 pm

Hi! i am dying our concrete floor and looking to get the same finish you got in your kitchen. what products did you use and what prep steps did you take?

2. Jill Avalos on August 23, 2018 at 4:00 am

I am wanting to build a rustic wood and industrial iron desk. Do you have any plans for this?

3. Syephanie on August 22, 2018 at 9:27 pm

How do you turn ugly builder grade bi fold doors into bi sliding doors? Farm door is not an option for me because I’m lacking wall space.

4. Lisa on August 21, 2018 at 7:10 am

Love your projects! Wondering if you would be willing to create a Murphy bed tutorial? Been looking online for one and they are ridiculously expensive but don’t look to difficult to diy with a frame kit.

Would love to see what you would create. Just a thought. 😀

5. Brad M on August 13, 2018 at 8:18 am

HI, On your website for the storage category picture you have a console with a bunch of red tubs in it. I can’t find plans for it on your site. are those plans available?
    Thanks

6. Jeremy on August 12, 2018 at 9:00 pm

Follow your website for a long time, your diy ideas are really inspire me. Love you both!

7. Ken on August 4, 2018 at 9:00 am

Hi – I’m curious what software you use to come up with your plans. I’m interested in building a simple plan for my daughter to build something and would love to give her something that is similar to the PDFs you create.

Thanks so much – BTW – love the plans on your site. I’ve built several things and plan on building most of the furniture for our new lake house. 🙂

Ken

• Tammy on November 7, 2018 at 9:07 pm

Hey Ken, I have been trying to find out the same thing. I haven’t seen that they have replied to anyone who asked, but if you get the info, could you please share it with me. Their plans are amazing and make it so easy to understand not to mention how helpful the color coding is. It is an awesome program. Anyway, if you get a response, please let me know.

Tammy

8. Emma Brown on August 3, 2018 at 2:38 am

To whom it may concern,

Hello,

This is Emma from locksmith, security company. I am interested in submitting an editorial article on your website. Therefore, could you provide me a detailed information about your requirements and pricing please?

Kind Regards,

Emma Brown

9. Melissa Zim on July 29, 2018 at 8:05 pm

Hi ladies,

I’m looking to have a table base made and attach it to a granite top. Do you do custom furniture?

Melissa

10. Jennifer Powell on July 26, 2018 at 2:57 pm

I am looking to build a tilt out cabinet for a kitchen garbage can. I searched your projects but didn’t find anything. Have you made one of these? Have any tips?

11. Kerrie on July 26, 2018 at 7:10 am

I now longer wish to receive this content. Please remove me from your list. Thanks

12. Tim on July 14, 2018 at 3:36 pm

Hello. I have constructed several things with your plans. I appreciate the detailed plans and the ease you have created working on various wood projects. I am about to tackle the Farmhouse Trunk, but I am looking to make it larger then the plans on the site. Do you happen to have plans to accommodate a larger trunk? Thanks for what you do!

13. Tamara Kappel on July 10, 2018 at 4:44 pm

Is there an option to purchase the Leasha Dining Table?

14. GEORGANN J HOLLISTER on July 5, 2018 at 9:49 pm

What is the brand of non yellowing poly and brand of stain you use?

15. Sara on July 2, 2018 at 2:46 pm

I have a relatively small garage, and would like to build a workbench along one wall that can be collapsed down when it’s not in use (like an ironing board in reverse). Any advice on building it?

Thanks,

Sara

16. Ron Howard on June 25, 2018 at 1:11 pm

I built your beam benches but i can’t seem to find plans for the matching table. Do you still have them available? I’m

17. Camille on June 24, 2018 at 3:20 am

I have bookmarked several of your projects to make when i have the time – yall are really talented! And thank you for being so upbeat and breaking things down for us beginners 🙂
    Have you ever considered building an apothecary/spice chest? I’d like to have one but ive never attempted drawers and can’t find a good tutorial. I hope you will feel inspired!

18. John on June 20, 2018 at 2:54 pm

Any chance of you guys doing a Valet Stand complete for top, bottom, shoes, and hat?

19. Amber Anderson on June 13, 2018 at 2:06 pm

The power tools are what scare me on big projects. I’ve done small DIY projects but mainly use nails, liquid nails and easy screws. I build my youngest daughters headboard that way, an entry way table that I don’t LOVE but it is very functional for our needs and then a coffee table, two side tables and what was supposed to be a liquor ‘table’ but I don’t love it either. It isn’t as functional as I would like. How do you learn to use tools like the saw on your own safely?

20. Kylee Klok on June 11, 2018 at 11:34 am

I am very interested in the Gresham Live Edge Barstools. Unfortunately I am not getting help from my location At Home store for purchases. Is there any other manner I would be able to purchase them in? Or can you provide me with any information on restocking dates for a particular store?