About Us

Meet sisters Ashley & Whitney, two power tool wielding DIY queens, on a mission to create beautiful and affordable furniture, turning houses into homes. Self-described coffee enthusiasts and treasure-weavers, the two sisters transformed a hobby into a dream career. The self-taught carpenters post their journey online to inspire other people to “pick up that scary tool and go!” Hosts of HGTV’s Open Concept, and designers of the Shanty2Chic Home Collection exclusively at At Home Stores nationwide.

A&W

Shanty 2 Chic Headshot 2015

Whitney

Hey guys~ Whitney here! A little background about me and what started this whole process... I am a mommy to 5 wonderful and crazy kids and wife to Jenson.   I have attempted (not always achieved) almost any craft. I have found along the way that I love, love the process of building a piece of furniture from raw wood and my power tool stash, of course.
I love Jesus, my family, my tools and coffee.  We built our house in 2009 and I have spent the last few years making it a home.  I love to teach others and give advice on all things DIY and I love learning as well.  I'm lucky to be able to share this experience with my sister Ashley!

Whitney Headshot

Whitney Family Photo

Ashley

Hey guys! I'm Ashley. I'm married to my hubby, John and we have 3 kids, Kade, Tris and Tenley. We built our home in 2013 and moved into it with no furniture. Since then, I have been busy building custom furniture to fill our new home. In our new home, so far, I have built 4 beds, 3 tables, 3 coffee tables, 2 console tables, a buffet, a media storage dresser, a mantel, 3 desks, 4 nightstands and lots of shelves, wall treatments and accent pieces. I am a home body and my second home is my workshop. I love power tools, cute shoes and purses and I love designing furniture and watching it come to life in my shop. My passion is teaching and encouraging people to DIY and I am so blessed to work along side my sis, Whit!

ash-headshot
fam-blog

1. Bernice Velez on February 21, 2019 at 10:05 pm

Hi! I’m wondering if you have the plans for your Modern Faemhouse Platform bed in full size?

2. Dayne on February 21, 2019 at 2:09 pm

Hey! Working through the trunk on the ottoman set. Can’t seem to get the screws past the batting layer. How did you guys pass this issue?

3. Colt Tonge on February 10, 2019 at 11:09 am

Love everything you girls do. I’d love to see you girls do a D&D style table with a tv in it. I know its diff than what you girls usually do but id love to see something like that done threw you two.

4. Kelsey on February 9, 2019 at 9:30 pm

Hi! I’m working on the King bed DIY project. The project list and directions aren’t quite clear to me. You mention both 1.25 and 2.5 inch pocket hole screws. I’m not sure what to use for what. Could you please clarify for me? Thank you!!

5. Tim Smith on February 9, 2019 at 8:51 pm

Do you use a planer for your projects? Built a small desk, that I love, but didn’t plane the boards and have a few uneven spots that I’ll need to sand out.

Thanks!

6. rick malke on February 7, 2019 at 7:26 pm

you girls are so cute ….and thanks for all your helpful hints and free plans…you girls are amazing! just a thank you note for all you do!

7. David Hernandez on February 6, 2019 at 10:16 am

Where can I find the decorative angle brackets used in the Farm House coffee table?

8. Ronda on February 5, 2019 at 10:24 am

Do you have queen size plans for the Modern Farmhouse Platform Bed

9. Allison on January 27, 2019 at 11:26 am

I have to build this furniture quite a bit due to my job, and i am highly disappointed. For how expensive this stuff is, you’d think it would be better quality. Time after time screw holes don’t match up, or the screws aren’t already stripped straight out of the box. Currently (trying to) building the X-side hall tree and the wood nails are oval but are supposed to fit into a smaller circle hole? And trust me this isn’t user error, this is just how everything is made. I am having to throw away a $250 piece just because of negligence in production. It’s just sad that these women are making so much money off of something that i would definitely not be proud to call mine. Very very poor quality and way too overpriced.

10. Kevin Guinard on January 25, 2019 at 11:45 am

I would like to make the Rustic Modern King bed and the pans look amazing , but there is no dimensions as to where all the pocket holes are to be drilled ?? Can you help with updated dimensions on your plans for the pocket holes please ?