Mason Jar Planter Box for Mother’s Day

Hey friends!

Ash and I got to thinking about Mother’s Day the other day.  We came up with something super cute, quick, and of course CHEAP!  Woohoo!

This one will be for our Meme!

This is beyond easy to make!  You can click HERE or the photo below to get the full set of FREE printable plans!

Mason Jar Planter Box Free Plans

Here are the supplies you need…

Total cost for materials???

First attach your 12″ pieces together like this…

We used Gorilla Wood Glue and finish nails.

Now add your 2 1/2″ ends like this…

Now it’s time to finish it! We decided to ‘shanty’ ours up a bit!

You like the finish?  It was super simple and you will be surprised to see what we used!  I will share that in a next post!

Now for the screen door pulls (or any handle you like)…

Put one in each end!  That’s it!

Now just add your flowers in your mason jars!  We chose these great Asiatic Lily’s for ours!  Meme loves flowers and bright colors, so these are a win-win!

What do you think???

Are you thinking what we are?? Shanty yet OH SO CHIC at the same time?? 😉

We think she will love it!  This is a great way to personalize flowers for someone!  It can also be reused over and over for so many thing!

And in case you missed it… $8 for supplies?!?  Yes please!

We would love for you to share the love and PIN it below!  Thanks so much for everything guys!  Have a great day!

Shanty Sisters

1. Amber on April 30, 2012 at 10:33 am

Love your wooden box…I want to make like 5 of them now ! 😉
    amber

• www.EasyWoodwork.org on May 5, 2018 at 1:31 am

I love the mason planter I built! I used the plans at www. EasyWoodwork.org to build it – I highly recommend you visit that website and check their plans out too. They are detailed and super easy to read and understand unlike several others I found online. The amount of plans there is mind-boggling… there’s like 16,000 plans or something like that for tons of different projects. Definitely enough to keep me busy with projects for many more years to come haha

Go to EasyWoodwork.org – click the red link above for some more plans! Best of luck on your building adventures!

2. Kara on April 17, 2012 at 1:08 pm

OMG! I am in love with this! How cute would it be to have a little window box with mason jars in it? I’m thinking herb garden. You have just made my day!

3. Karen on April 17, 2012 at 7:29 am

This is so cute! I feel like making a whole bunch of these. And I will! Thank you so much for sharing. -K
    Pinning this next!

4. Lisa on April 16, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Where did you buy the screen door pulls (handles)… I can’t find them anywhere cheap! (And I LOVE yours!)

5. Haley on April 7, 2012 at 1:16 am

I love this! You make it look so easy! I would love to give it a try though! Thanks so much for sharing!

6. Lacey on April 4, 2012 at 2:55 pm

What a cute project! I adore it 🙂 what size mason jar did you use?

7. Leanne on March 31, 2012 at 10:44 pm

LOVE!

8. SK on March 30, 2012 at 7:16 pm

Bought all the stuff today. My 13-year old son is excited to whip these up for his mom and her friends! Thank for the great idea.

9. Brandi on March 30, 2012 at 11:56 am

Super cute, thanks for sharing! I’m thinking it would be super cute to put silverware in the jars. : ]

• Kelly Kurtz on April 22, 2013 at 1:22 pm

great idea w/ the silverware 🙂 my mom and her husband camp a lot, and this would be perfect for their outdoor dining!!

10. Tammy Henderson on March 29, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Very nice! I love the handles on the sides…not to long ago I picked up a wooden box at a thrift store…and now handles are a must…thanks for sharing!

11. Pine Tree Home on March 29, 2012 at 1:48 pm

This is great even for Easter Dinner Party.

12. Karyn Lisk on March 29, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Wonderful project! Question though…do you need to put holes on the bottom to Derain the water? Do flowers/herbs or anything else growing stay long? I’ve seen herbs in jars but not sure hoe to do the water thing! Thanks for all your great projects!

• Nancy Nelson on March 29, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Drainage is an issue in the mason jars. I was thinking of sea shells!!! Would’nt that be cute?

13. Mollie Villella on March 29, 2012 at 12:14 pm

I absolutely LOVE every little thing you do!!! I just went to buy the lumber, handles and nails for this project and am going to start today! Now…I am waiting patiently for how you achieved that wonderful finish! Thanks so much for sharing. 🙂 Have a glorious day!!

14. Anne Rodrigues on March 29, 2012 at 8:33 am

You have a lot of great ideas. This one makes a perfect gift for anyone, especially someone who loves to garden. A lot of your projects seem pretty easy to follow. I’ve been following your blog for a bit and have been enjoying each project that you post. You seem to know a lot about woodworking. Have you taken a course previously or is this something you have learned to do yourself?

15. Nikki @ Simplify Your Space on March 29, 2012 at 6:00 am

PRECIOUS!!! You have such an amazing eye & incredible talent. I love following your blog and getting inspired from your ideas. Now I need to learn how to use power tools! ;o)

16. Kellie on March 29, 2012 at 4:44 am

SUPER IDEA! Gosh, I am amazed at all your terrific ideas. Thank you so much for sharing! 🙂

17. Bobbie on March 28, 2012 at 7:43 pm

$8!!! That is a great project and I cant believe it is only $8!!

18. Kassi @ Truly Lovely on March 28, 2012 at 3:58 pm

That looks lovely! I love it with the bright lilys!

19. Jennifer Cook on March 28, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Oh my gracious! You girls think of the cutest cheapest things all the time! I love it! Such a great Mother’s Day gift! :))

20. Kellie@My So Called Green Life on March 28, 2012 at 2:40 pm

This is absolutely gorgeous!!! I’m thinking it would be adorable with herbs growing in the mason jars too. Can’t wait to make some!