DIY Rolling Storage Cart

Our friends at Home Depot have asked us to team up with them again to host another Do It Herself Workshop!  We are so excited about it!  The workshop takes place on August 21st, and Ashley and I are headed to the San Antonio, TX store to teach our workshop!

The Home Depot Store #6551
8138 Agora Pkwy
Selma, TX 78154

The clinics take place between 6:30 – 8:00 PM and we would LOVE to see you there!

The best news?  If you aren’t a local, you can attend your own local Home Depot for the same workshop!  On August 21st, we will be teaching you guys how to build this awesome rolling storage cart!

Shanty2Chic Rolling Cart Island

Shanty2Chic Island Cart_edited-1

How cute is that?  Ana White designed the original cart, and I modified it to fit my space a little bit better!  That’s the great thing about DIY!  This cart is so functional… I actually started building it first for my garage, and then decided it would serve as a great kitchen island.  It’s a perfect project to get started with building, and the DIH clinics will teach you how to do it all… Down to using the power tools!  Can’t beat that!   They actually host a DIH clinic every month at ALL Home Depot locations!  Seriously, doesn’t that make the best Girl’s Night?? 😉

Make sure to register online HERE for the clinic, or by clicking the button below! We would LOVE for you to join us at the San Antonio!

DIH Workshop Signup

There will also be a fun Twitter Party on August 14th!  We will also be giving away a $500 gift card to Home Depot for one of our readers, so stay tuned for that!!

So…. Come ‘Build Like A Girl’ with us at Home Depot!  Can’t wait to see you there!!

Home Depot has sponsored this post, but all opinions and words are entirely ours!

~Whitney & Ashley

1. deb mitrovic on October 15, 2015 at 7:24 pm

Love this cart. Do you have the working plans or does anyone know where I could find them??

2. Sienna on December 13, 2014 at 1:23 pm

Where can I find your plans for this cart??

3. Kendall Rose Lowerre on December 9, 2014 at 4:07 pm

Hello! I stumbled upon this post and absolutely love the cart you made! I have been searching everywhere for a bar cart but can’t seem to find one that fits my space.. This one looks perfect though! Do you have the dimensions for the wood pieces used or any sort of directions for building this cart? Would love to start a little DIY project of my own! Thanks so much!

4. lovedbyhisgrace on August 15, 2014 at 9:22 am

Y’all are some pretty inspiring ladies!! Your creativity and craftsWOmanship is so encouraging! I love how you break down what could filled with complexity to wording and instructions that anyone can do. I just wanted to say a big ole thank you for sharing your insight, encouragement, and inspirational designs with all of us! I’ve loved building things and trying to recreate something I’ve seen in a stores for years 🙂 (my senior year in high school I had a choice between home ec or woodshop and I made a choice to take woodshop and was the only girl in the school to do that & I LOVED it!! lol!) I’ve failed many a times but with every error there’s been an “AH HA!!” moment and that’s what it’s all about! I adore that you’ve “opened” the windows to your gorgeous homes to share with us your projects. Your blog is fun and engaging …. Easy to navigate through and understand. I know it’s got to be a lot of work so I just want you to know that it’s truly appreciated!!! I hope y’all have a blessed day!!! Kristi

5. Fox and Finch on August 9, 2014 at 9:45 am

Carts are so useful in every room and this one is not only sturdy but it has a great look.

6. ColleenB. on August 9, 2014 at 3:21 am

What a great looking cart. Will be very handy on the patio or sun deck.

7. Breanna on August 8, 2014 at 9:16 pm

I’m confused as well; do you get to build this at the workshop? Or do you just watch? Thanks!

8. shell1814 on August 8, 2014 at 12:55 pm

So, in the class, do you actually build one for yourself?

• Jessi on August 9, 2014 at 11:00 am

No. They build one ahead of time so you can reference it and then there is one being built during class with those that attend so everyone can participate and practice trying new tools out. My HD let me take a project home once but they said they aren’t supposed to.

9. KatePandolfo on August 8, 2014 at 11:06 am

What is that finish? I love it!

10. Amanda on August 8, 2014 at 9:49 am

I wish I had room in my kitchen for something like this. It’s adorable! I recently purchased a Kreg Jig on your recommendation and absolutely love it! My husband and I have had too much fun with wood projects lately.