About Us

Meet sisters Ashley & Whitney, two power tool wielding DIY queens, on a mission to create beautiful and affordable furniture, turning houses into homes. Self-described coffee enthusiasts and treasure-weavers, the two sisters transformed a hobby into a dream career. The self-taught carpenters post their journey online to inspire other people to “pick up that scary tool and go!” Hosts of HGTV’s Open Concept, and designers of the Shanty2Chic Home Collection exclusively at At Home Stores nationwide.

A&W

Shanty 2 Chic Headshot 2015

Whitney

Hey guys~ Whitney here! A little background about me and what started this whole process... I am a mommy to 5 wonderful and crazy kids and wife to Jenson.   I have attempted (not always achieved) almost any craft. I have found along the way that I love, love the process of building a piece of furniture from raw wood and my power tool stash, of course.
I love Jesus, my family, my tools and coffee.  We built our house in 2009 and I have spent the last few years making it a home.  I love to teach others and give advice on all things DIY and I love learning as well.  I'm lucky to be able to share this experience with my sister Ashley!

Whitney Headshot

Whitney Family Photo

Ashley

Hey guys! I'm Ashley. I'm married to my hubby, John and we have 3 kids, Kade, Tris and Tenley. We built our home in 2013 and moved into it with no furniture. Since then, I have been busy building custom furniture to fill our new home. In our new home, so far, I have built 4 beds, 3 tables, 3 coffee tables, 2 console tables, a buffet, a media storage dresser, a mantel, 3 desks, 4 nightstands and lots of shelves, wall treatments and accent pieces. I am a home body and my second home is my workshop. I love power tools, cute shoes and purses and I love designing furniture and watching it come to life in my shop. My passion is teaching and encouraging people to DIY and I am so blessed to work along side my sis, Whit!

ash-headshot
fam-blog

1. Carol Hake on January 23, 2019 at 4:07 pm

Hey Gals! Lurrrrrve your projects!

Question – any plans available for a Murphy-style wall bed?
    Thanks and keep the great stuff coming!

Carol Hake
    Lakeside, California

2. Rich on January 16, 2019 at 11:39 pm

Hello chicksters

If you have time how about designing some furniture for class A RV I live in a 40′
    RV, so far have installed a new floating laminate floor. removed valances repainted
    the walls removed original couch’s with a comfy one an recliner in the left slide out.
    in the front right slide out new fireplace/tv entertainment center. need to build small
    Island bar and bar stools or writing desk, end table side of couch – BTW Love your videos learned so much from them thanks, Have a blessed day !

3. Dara on January 16, 2019 at 7:06 am

Hi! My husband and I love your work. So far we have a crib, our dining table, and soon to be sliding barn door console. Super excited about that one! A few days ago I saw a side table/dog crate posted on your IG story but I could not find the plans for that on the website. Could you pretty please send that to me? Thank you so much!!

4. Summer on January 15, 2019 at 7:52 am

Love all of your projects! I have so many I want to do. Do y’all have any other chalk paint you would recommend? I am wanting a navy blue or similar color.

5. Daniel Sandefur on January 11, 2019 at 2:49 pm

I just watched your floating shelves video. Once you installed the boxes on the cleats, did y’all nail down the boxes to the cleats or just left it as is so it can be removed easily?

6. Lori Cantelo on January 10, 2019 at 3:58 pm

Oh, the alphabet I used from you is the more formal font. I am sure others might like the 1st 2nd 3rd…… etc. too!
    I do follow you on PInterest! Wishing for time to DO lots of ideas!!!!
    Thanks again.
    Lori

7. Lori Cantelo on January 10, 2019 at 3:12 pm

HI ladies, I am SO grateful for your printable banners. They are SO easy to save & print and I have used them a few times. This time I need the “th” for a 70th birthday asap! I have all your letters for Happy Birthday & the 70 but need the “th” on one banner piece. Could you send it to me?? Thanking you for your kindness.
    Lori Cantelo

8. Lori Cantelo on January 10, 2019 at 3:08 pm

HI ladies, I am SO grateful for your printable banners. They are SO easy to save & print and I have used thema few times. This time I need the “th” for a 70th birthday asap! I have all your letters for Happy Birthday & the 70 but need the “th” on one banner piece. Could you send it to me?? IThanking you for your kindness.
    Lori Cantelo

9. Don on January 7, 2019 at 1:30 pm

Love the YouTube videos these 2 are very highly skilled craftsmen and have amazing designs. I took a page out of their book for my haringbone wall in my entry way and it looks awesome. I was wondering if you had plans or an idea on how to build plantation shutters at a reasonable cost?

10. Chelsey on December 28, 2018 at 5:20 pm

It there a way to make the king size head boards fit under my window and still look like yours. I need about 5 inches shorter than what you have on the measurements of 65″

11. Stephanie on December 19, 2018 at 11:51 am

Plesse please oh please design plans for a corner console. I love your furniture so much but i have a sad and empty corner. Help a girl out!

12. Samina on December 9, 2018 at 12:28 pm

Hello Ladies,

You guys are so creative! I have learned so much from your videos.I have a design for a King bed that I simply love and want! But as creative as I can be, I do not have the appropriate tools or expertise to build this one. Do you take custom orders to build furniture?
    Thanks for all your insights!

13. Tom on December 2, 2018 at 8:36 pm

Hello,
    My Name is Tom and I am working with a company which is buying Guest post text links ad space. If you are interested to sale links (text ads space Guest post ) on your websites. Please send me websites with price structure.

Thanks

14. Kyle on November 27, 2018 at 11:14 am

On the farmhouse table, how did you mount the 4×4 runners to the table legs?

15. Michelle Lewis on November 14, 2018 at 11:37 am

Hello, I’ve been looking for plans to build a farmhouse style desk, with lots of drawers and a back. Do you have an ideas on that?
    Thank you!

16. Ashley Maney on November 7, 2018 at 4:49 pm

BREAKFAST NOOK!!! PLEASE! Check out the Breton Banquette by Ballard Designs!

17. Barbara Bell on November 5, 2018 at 8:07 am

If you don’t “rip” the boards, say a 2X4 to 3″ or a 2X6 to 5″, could you tell me how to adjust the measurements? Do you just add an 1″ or 3/4″? Thank you! I am getting ready to try the Industrial Farm Table. So nervous!

Thanks! Love y’alls work….so awesome!

Barbara

• Barbara A Bell on November 6, 2018 at 5:17 am

Never mind..duh! I figured it out😁

18. Darlene Maple on November 2, 2018 at 5:54 pm

Where can I find the instructions for your DIY 3 tool console table?

19. Eileen on November 2, 2018 at 4:44 pm

What are the best beginners power tool to have.

20. Nikki on October 23, 2018 at 4:37 pm

I’m desperately looking for if you guys make a matching coffee table to your end tables!!! Please let me know, I would love to buy one 😊😊😊. I bought the end table from at home store. And it’s wood on top with white wash X on the Sides. I bought the end table from at home store.