Made this Without the Hubby… But Not my Stepdad!

Hey guys!

Hope everyone is having a great Summer!  We decided to take a break from the party this month with school just getting out.  In honor of that, I decided to show you guys what I have been working on without the hubby.  I definitely had help from Bapa though!

I will be turning the playroom into the new baby’s room.  It’s a great room, but is minus a closet.  I had an itch over the weekend to get this closet started and I’m so glad my stepdad was game!  He built this home for us and I knew I would need his handy work on the new closet.

Here is a picture of the playroom as we were moving everything out into the loft.  Yes, this was the hardest part of the entire project.

I can’t really give a how-to here but I will show you the progress so far.

This is Bapa starting the framing.  He had that done and had half the sheetrock done in less than a day… Whoop!

He did have a little “help” if you want to call it that 😉

Here it is all framed up and halfway done with sheetrock… This is where we finished Saturday night.

I drilled all the sheetrock in and taped and bedded which was fun to learn!

Here it is this morning just before I taped it off for texture…

And here we are now…

I got it all cleaned up and taped off for texture that should happen tomorrow!  So fun!  I am still searching for room ideas so I can pick my paint color.

We spent the day at Ashley’s house swimming with the kids!  They had a blast and I got some much needed sun!  And wait until you see what she built this morning… You will love it!

I will be back to show you some more progress so stay tuned… Can’t wait to get this little guy’s nursery started!

1. louis vuitton wallets for men on May 18, 2012 at 5:57 am

In fact, Irrrve never experienced this webpage within a long time?? yet it became a further joy to ascertain It really is an essential topic and even ignored by a variety of, even professionals.

2. CrafterBerly on June 14, 2011 at 4:29 pm

That will be nice!

3. Handy Man, Crafty Woman on June 13, 2011 at 1:30 am

That really looks great so far! A lot of work, but it will be great for storage.

4. Katherine on June 11, 2011 at 12:19 am

Great work, I can’t wait to see how it turns out!

5. VintageBeachgirl on June 10, 2011 at 2:16 pm

I know this is random but as I was looking at the progress pictures, (awesome by the way) I could just see a small, not too fancy chandelier hanging centered to the door in the closet. I too love the shape if the room and am curious what all the little doors? are. One looks like attic access but the others?? Also what do you mean texture? Thanks for a great post and for sharing. Take care, VBg

6. Abby on June 10, 2011 at 3:11 am

Looks great! Can’t wait to see the finished product!

This is random, but are you related to a girl named Kacy? (I’ll leave last names off for privacy!) she’s my SIL and I’m pretty sure her dad is your step dad… Just saw him in the picture and I wondered about the connection!

• Shanty2Chic on June 10, 2011 at 3:42 am

Abby,
      That is right! Kacy is our stepsister 🙂
      Small world!

7. Ashley @ DesignBuildLove.co on June 9, 2011 at 8:07 pm

looks fantastic so far! (I LOVE that the kids were helping!)

8. ChelseaSalomone on June 9, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Love the shape of this room! Very unique- can’t wait to see how it turns out!!

9. Kristie on June 9, 2011 at 4:33 am

I love your little “helper”! So sweet.

10. Heather on June 9, 2011 at 12:08 am

Wow! That’s going to be a really nice, BIG closet! Can’t wait to see the finished product!

11. Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife on June 8, 2011 at 11:15 pm

How exciting! The progress looks fantastic. = )