DIY Rolling Workbench

Hey guys! We are SO excited to share the secret project we have been working on with our friends at Ryobi! large_1e5f3f56-27f2-4fbc-aeca-0c91cc03ae62

Whitney and I designed this Rolling Workbench with an extension wing. It’s perfect for any garage and it’s easy to collapse it and tuck away. There is also TONS of room to store all of your tool collection 🙂 It truly is the ultimate workbench for any DIY’er!

We would love for you to watch the video and vote for our workbench! If we win, Ryobi is donating a shop full of tools to the Trinity Habitat for Humanity.  They have a special program called Women Build that is near and dear to our hearts. This program is for women who want to learn constructions skills and build homes in their communities. It brings together women from all walks of life to address the housing crisis facing millions of women and children worldwide.

So please, take a moment to go and vote for our workbench (but more importantly our cause) and you can also download the FREE plans to build your own! We appreciate you guys so much 🙂 You can vote, watch the video and download the FREE plans HERE!

Thank you and Happy Building!

~Ashley and Whitney

1. Catherine Breault on August 4, 2017 at 2:15 pm

I’m from Canada so prices are diffrent but total cost was 186$. In the plan 2 pieces are missing, one, 3 1/2 by 3 1/2 and the last 2×4 to clip cramp, so I used scrap pieces of plywood left, glue 2 together and put screw drivers instead of cramp. It was more conveniant for our need.

2. Ashley Harris on August 27, 2016 at 9:35 pm

Oh and the cost for everything including new jigsaw and blades, kreg jig, new circular saw and recip. saw blades (needed new ones) total came to $280. If you take out the circular saw and recip. saw blades your’re looking to spend around $230-$240.

• Shanty2Chic on August 27, 2016 at 10:08 pm

Including the cost of a tool in the project is similar to including the cost of an oven to bake a pizza. Once you purchase it you have it to use in every project.

• Ashley Harris on August 28, 2016 at 11:46 am

Exactly!

3. Ashley Harris on August 27, 2016 at 9:31 pm

After going over the project plans, I noticed that the 2x4x8 cut list is incorrect and in the end (or beginning) you would only have 2 of the 3 (needed)19.5″ 2x4s for the table top frame (missing the center piece). You can clearly see in the print out that the yellow 19.5″ on the 2x4x8 should really be 22.5″ and the green be 19.5″ not 22.5.” So how can I get the third 19.5″ piece of 2×4 for this project? Well I hope I’m wrong and someone can please point out the obvious i’m missing (besides going back to Home Depot lol) so excited to start building this project!

• Shanty2Chic on August 27, 2016 at 10:13 pm

Yes, there should be 3 green boards not two and all the same length. Sorry about that.

• Ashley Harris on August 28, 2016 at 11:48 am

Okay awesome and thank you so much for your response and for these plans! About to start cutting now! Have a great day!

4. Brett Calloway on March 12, 2016 at 4:48 pm

And construction sites trash, if they’ll alow you. And demo jobs have a ton of wood that just needs cleaned up!

5. Brett Calloway on March 12, 2016 at 4:46 pm

Keep in mind! Use the tops of older furniture from thriftstores, garage sales. Perhaps a relative has something they’ve been dying to get rid of. . A coat of paint will make anything match. Reuse everything!

6. Kristy Jones on February 19, 2016 at 9:51 am

Yeah the idea is pretty awesome! I need this rolling work bench in our garage. Hope this won’t cost a lot.

7. Breanna Zitzelberger on February 18, 2016 at 5:23 pm

I would also love to know how much the expenses are for this project before starting 🙂

• Micki Arndt Harbour on February 20, 2016 at 9:15 am

I spent $76 yesterday at Home Depot for the wood, the casters and the 2 1/2″ Spax screws. I already had a jig at home and the screws. That means I have to buy the peg board ($8) and the hinges (?). So a minimum of about $100 depending on what you have at home and what you’ll need to buy. Not a bad investment considering how much use for years to come you’ll get. I don’t have a workshop, garage or basement, so this is worth the investment for me; and I can just roll it away when I’m done working for the day.

• Shanty2Chic on February 20, 2016 at 9:33 am

Thank you for this! I haven’t had time to sit and do the math on what I spent and I did have scraps I could use! That’s a great investment for sure!

8. Rob B. on February 16, 2016 at 10:00 pm

You ladies have my vote. 🙂 I think I’ll need to make this when I have a larger shop/garage, though…

9. Kelly on February 16, 2016 at 10:46 am

I love this idea! How much do you think you spent on it? Will be making one this spring for sure!

• Micki Arndt Harbour on February 20, 2016 at 9:16 am

With a jig already at home and the pocket hole screws – about $100.