DIY Pew Bench Farmhouse Table

We are back with the next piece of our “Retail Spot Renovation” puzzle! Every retail space needs a welcome table but we wanted to build something that could also act as a dining table – for you guys πŸ˜‰Β So, we designed this DIY Pew Bench Farmhouse Table!

diy pew bench farmhouse table

We love that it looks found, it only uses 8 boards AND it only cost us about $65 in lumber! Grab a cup of coffee and come build it with us!

DIY Pew Bench Farmhouse Table – The Free Plans!

Just click here or the image below to watch! And, don’t forget to download the FREE PRINTABLE PLANS HERE!

The video!

So easy, so fun and so cute! You can follow along below in the how-to, as well!

The step-by-step tutorial!

To begin, I used my Ridgid table saw to rip all of the round edges off of the boards. You can refer to the plans for the exact width that I ripped them down to.

diy pew bench farmhouse table - pocket holes

DIY Pew Bench Farmhouse Table – Kreg Jig

Once the boards were ripped, we used our Kreg Jig to drill 2 1/2″ pocket holes in all of the boards. Refer to the plans for pocket hole placement! You can find our favorite Kreg Jig model HERE on Amazon!

diy pew bench farmhouse table

Our first step in assembly was to plank the table top. We used 2 1/2″ pocket hole screws to attach the table top planks.

diy pew bench farmhouse table - shanty clamp

Next, we assembled the side, leg bases. We used wood glue and and 2 1/2″ pocket hole screws.

diy pew bench farmhouse table - wood glue

DIY Pew Bench Farmhouse Table – Glue Bottle

We cut the trim pieces to size and applied wood glue to the inside of each piece (we LOVE this glue bottle and you can find it HERE on Amazon)!

leg base - diy pew bench farmhouse table

and attached them to the leg bases with 2 1/2″ pocket hole screws.

diy pew bench farmhouse table - leg base continued

Once the bases were assembled, we attached the bases to the feet with 2 1/2″ pocket hole screws and wood glue.

diy pew bench farmhouse table - apron pieces

Next, we attached the apron pieces to the bases with 2 1/1″ pocket hole screws and wood glue. Make sure the pocket holes are facing inside the table and up, so that they can be used to attach the planked top.

diy pew bench farmhouse table - runner

We centered the runner and attached it to the base with 2 1/2″ pocket hole screws and wood glue.

Once the base was assembled, it was time to attach the base to the planked top. We used 2 1/2″ pocket hole screws and drilled from the bases and aprons into the table top.

The final step in assembly was to attach the “faux end pieces” of the runners to the outside of the bases. We used wood glue and 2″ finish nails, with our 16 gauge finish nailer, to attach! (you can also use an 18 gauge brad nailer here).

DIY Pew Bench Farmhouse Table – the paint!

For the finish, we painted the base with a flat white paint, you can find it HERE on Amazon. For the base, we used Honey Maple Stain, you can find it HERE on Amazon!

diy pew bench farmhouse table - finished

Make sure to check out the other pieces in this renovation! Just click the links below!

Tin Door Coffee Cabinet

Planked Walls

Stenciled Wall: Coming soon!

Floating Bench: Coming Soon!

Barn Door: Coming Soon!

1. All-Saws on September 22, 2018 at 1:01 am

Very shortly this web site will be famous among all blog viewers, due to
    it’s pleasant articles or reviews

2. Amanda Goldsmith on August 22, 2018 at 7:57 pm

I need a counter height table, would this still be secure if I added 5″ to the side supports? I will also need to add another 2×4 in very bottom…to give me a total of 6.5″ additional height! I’m trying to reuse my existing stools and need 36.5″ total height from foot to bottom of table top!

I love ur plans!

3. ⁣✨🌟🌟✨🌟✨✨✨✨✨🌟✨
    βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨πŸŒ™πŸŒŸβœ¨βœ¨πŸŒŸπŸŒŸβœ¨πŸŒŸβœ¨
    ✨✨✨✨⁣✨🌟🌟✨✨🌟🌟✨
    __________πŸ’ƒπŸƒ__________

✨✨✨✨⁣✨🌟🌟✨✨🌟🌟✨

I built my own using the plans at www. WoodworkPlans.info – highly recommended you check those out too. They are detailed and super easy to read and understand unlike several others I found online. The amount of plans there is mind-boggling… there’s like 16,000 plans or something like that for tons of different projects. Definitely enough to keep me busy with projects for many more years to come haha

www. WoodworkPlans.info – check it out! βœŒβœŒβœŒβœŒβœŒβœŒβœŒβœŒβœŒβœŒβœŒπŸ”¨πŸ”¨πŸ”¨

4. Laura on July 21, 2018 at 1:54 pm

What kind of poly do use on the top?

5. Bob on February 3, 2018 at 7:20 pm

Plans are wrong you show 4 ea 8″ 2 x 4’s with 30 degree cut. Should be 8 ea. Luckily I bought 2 ea 2 x 4 x 10

• Ashley Turner on February 6, 2018 at 5:14 pm

Sorry about that!! Just fixed the plans πŸ™‚ Thanks for the heads up!

6. Kaitlyn on January 25, 2018 at 7:26 pm

Will a matching bench be coming soon?!

7. Marilyn on January 17, 2018 at 8:37 am

YOU two are the greatest! I love to see what my fellow Texans are up to and you are BUSY girls.

Great creativity, great enthusiasm. Wish I were a youngster so I could make that gorgeous table.

I am looking forward to following you forever. Keep up the great work.

8. Stephanie on January 11, 2018 at 1:14 pm

Is the wall stenciled? I love it.

• Ashley Turner on February 6, 2018 at 5:15 pm

Yes! We have a tutorial and how-to video that I linked towards the end of the post πŸ™‚

9. Cynthia | Home Beautifully on January 10, 2018 at 10:23 pm

I just love this! I watched the you tube video first, then hopped over here. That transformation is SO beautiful and major goals! Pinning this to my woodworking board to do later!!

10. Sally Williams on January 10, 2018 at 5:47 pm

Plans do not have a cut list. Will
    You be adding that soon?

• Ashley Turner on February 6, 2018 at 5:16 pm

I’m sorry! It didn’t load when I did the plans but I have fixed it πŸ™‚

11. Brandon on January 10, 2018 at 5:04 pm

Downloadable prints do not have demensions for cut lengths. It just says cut to size.

• Ashley Turner on February 6, 2018 at 5:16 pm

So sorry! The cut list didn’t load but I fixed it!