DIY Wine Caddy and YouTube Video!

Oh hey friends!  It’s almost New Year’s and we have a super fun and easy project for you!  This would be great to tote along to your New Year’s party!  You can see our how-to video on our YouTube Channel HERE!

Check out our DIY Wine Caddy…

How cute?!

This is a really fun and simple build guys.  You can download and print the FREE PLANS by clicking HERE!

First step is making your cuts.  We made all of our cuts using a miter saw.  You can see the cuts for the 1×4 here.

After making your cuts, clamp the two long pieces together, and drill a hole at the top of these boards.  You will put rope here later.

Next, we attached our small short pieces to our long base using wood glue and 1.25″ brad nails through the base piece and into the small side pieces.  Add glue to one side of each small piece first.

We used our Ryobi 18V brad nailer to attach the side pieces like this.

Now your caddy should look like this!

Next, we attached our longer boards with holes.  We did this using wood glue and brad nails as well.  You can see they are all spaced evenly on the bottom board.

Now it’s time to add the long side pieces.  These are made using craft boards and they are important because they will hold in your wine! 😉

We attached these using wood glue and brad nails as well.

Final step was adding stain, rope and hardware.  We stained our caddy Briarsmoke by Varathane, and we spray painted hardware and attached them to the caddy using our drill.  We used these corner pieces from Home Depot.

That’s it guys!  Told you it was simple… And oh so shanty! 🙂

1. www.EasyWoodwork.org on May 5, 2018 at 12:42 am

I love my wine caddy! I used the plans at www. EasyWoodwork.org to build mine – highly recommended you check those out too. They are detailed and super easy to read and understand unlike several others I found online. The amount of plans there is mind-boggling… there’s like 16,000 plans or something like that for tons of different projects. Definitely enough to keep me busy with projects for many more years to come haha

www. EasyWoodwork.org

2. Kasey on August 28, 2017 at 9:53 am

Could you please tell me where you got the rope? Also, what size screws did you use to attach the corner brackets?

3. Melissa Olson Tate on April 5, 2017 at 6:42 am

Here is mine. I used screws through the bottom for stability. I loved this project. I made it for a hostess gift and she loved it. Thanks for the awesome idea!> https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/d32a1e9c9c7c14f78f713e0ef9369aa6cef4ce27b740f869283b6054535bc87e.jpg

• Jen Baker on April 27, 2017 at 1:23 pm

How did you write the HICKS FAMILY on the wood?? That’s super cute!!

• Melissa Olson Tate on April 27, 2017 at 4:09 pm

I used the Walnut Hollow wood burning tool and hot stamps.(available at amazon, Michael’s and Hobby Lobby) They are cheap and I just practiced a little bit on some scrap.I know I will use it in the future so it was well worth it.

• G Greaves on October 9, 2017 at 6:53 pm

Hi Shanty2Chic, I love this, awesome project! Thnks for sharing… Hi Melissa. where did you get the corner pieces? Thnk-you.

• Melissa Olson Tate on October 10, 2017 at 12:02 pm

Thanks! I found them on Amazon. They are considered to be box making accessories. Rockler has some as well.

4. Liz on March 1, 2017 at 7:28 pm

Perfect….I was just invited to wine glass painting party. This will be perfect hostess gift! Thanks for posting!!! I love that you do video AND step by step instructions on your projects!!!

5. Joel Ellington on February 15, 2017 at 8:18 pm

What stain color is this?

• Jessa on March 20, 2017 at 9:15 am

briarsmoke

6. Evelyn Robinson Porretta on December 29, 2016 at 1:28 pm

What model miter saw did you use? Thanks. Cute project.

• Shanty2Chic on December 29, 2016 at 1:30 pm

This is the 7 1/4″ 18volt Ryobi miter saw 🙂

• Evelyn Robinson Porretta on December 29, 2016 at 3:28 pm

Thank you!

7. Kim Muncy on December 29, 2016 at 11:43 am

I can’t wait to make this one too cute I have a question about the home prints I haven’t seen them ye

8. Tishaira Bennett on December 28, 2016 at 5:24 pm

Where do you buy your 1″ craft board? I cannot find it at my home depot.

• Shanty2Chic on December 28, 2016 at 5:29 pm

You can find it at craft stores: Hobby Lobby, Michael’s….

• Tishaira Bennett on December 28, 2016 at 5:31 pm