DIY Cow Wall Art

We LOVE these DIY Cow Prints! Each print is 24″ wide, only costs about $12 and they are super easy to build – COWABUNGA!

So, grab your favorite cup of coffee and come build some DIY Cow Wall Art! Just click HERE or the image below to watch!

How easy!?! You can download the FREE printable plans HERE and follow along with the step-by-step tutorial, below!

You can have the hardware store rip the plywood for you. First step is to paint 2 coats of white paint over the plywood sheets.

While the paint dries, cut the trim pieces to size (this is trim for 4 cow prints).

I used my Ryobi Corner Cat Sander to smooth the rough edges of each trim piece.

Next, I applied one coat of Briarsmoke stain by Varathane to the trim pieces. Make sure to get all sides and ends.

Now for the cow prints! You can click the links below to purchase the printables that we used.

Cow 1

Cow 2

Cow 3

Cow 4

(Note: the prices of these prints have gone up since I purchased. You can search for Cow Printable on Etsy to pick from others if you like)!

I loaded these on to staples.com and ordered 18×24 engineer prints. They are less than $2 a print and ready in 24 hours!

While the stain is drying, apply a coat of ModPodge to the cow print, make sure to only ModPodge the cow.

Then, lay it upside down, on to the plywood. Make sure to smooth out all of the wrinkles and bubbles.

When the ModPodge has dried, you can rub away the paper to expose the cow.

The final step is to attach the trim. We used wood glue and our Ryobi Airstrike 18 gauge nailer to attach the trim!

That was it!

To hang them, just use wall anchors and slide the prints over the screws. Make sure to use a level 🙂

If you love the project, we would love for you to share it by pinning below!

For info on the other things in this room, click the links below! Happy building!

DIY Blanket Ladder

DIY Rustic Sconce Light

DIY Rustic Modern Bed

DIY Sliding Barn Door Nightstand

1. Amelia Flinn on May 10, 2018 at 5:58 pm

I can’t get the links to work?

2. www.EasyWoodwork.org on May 5, 2018 at 12:42 am

I used the plans at www. EasyWoodwork.org to build my cow wall art – highly recommended you check those out too. They are detailed and super easy to read and understand unlike several others I found online. The amount of plans there is mind-boggling… there’s like 16,000 plans or something like that for tons of different projects. Definitely enough to keep me busy with projects for many more years to come haha

www. EasyWoodwork.org

3. Darla Sadler on April 24, 2018 at 10:52 am

Hi.

When having the art printed, do you need to have them printed out in reverse (ie. “mirrored”) so that when transferred to the wood it’s not backwards?

Might be more important if your print has words 🙂

Thanks for such a great project!

-Darla

4. Erika Johnson on April 11, 2018 at 3:02 pm

Hi! I’ve ordered the etsy prints. Went to Staples online and ordered. I got a call back saying that they can’t print these engineered prints… They tell me I have to order them by posters. which are 16 per poster and I don’t even think the transfer would work then… what do you recomend I do? thanks!

• Danni Powers on July 2, 2018 at 7:30 pm

I had the same problem. How did you fix it?

5. Melissa on March 30, 2018 at 2:11 pm

What kind of paint do I use?

6. Jen Roloff on January 15, 2018 at 7:03 pm

These are going in my daughters bedroom above her bed and I am worried they will fall of if they are on screws.

What wood glue do you use?

Thank you, I have completed multiple of your projects.

7. Deb D on January 15, 2018 at 1:09 pm

I’m with you! I love cows! I’ve already ordered 4 prints on Etsy and have an order in to Staples right now to get the prints (engineer prints). So excited! Can’t wait to get them up on the wall!

Do you think the same method would work on canvas instead of the plywood? I was thinking of doing something similar with different prints for my guest room.

8. Tishaira Bennett on December 6, 2017 at 1:08 pm

This was a hard picture for my first choice, but I am falling in love with it. https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/a439b576844880af63fd000d16f4d1e63fd4d6b403731070c767fffb058dc5c3.jpg

9. Tishaira Bennett on December 6, 2017 at 1:08 pm

10. Paula on December 2, 2017 at 7:57 pm

Hi! Love your style! What is the wall color please?

11. Paula on December 2, 2017 at 7:57 pm

Hi! Love your style! What is the wall color please?

12. Ashley Backora on December 2, 2017 at 12:16 pm

What kind of paper do I get these printed on?

13. Ashley Backora on December 2, 2017 at 12:16 pm

What kind of paper do I get these printed on?