Oh what a pain this project has been! This has been one of those projects where nothing works like I want it to. It literally drove me crazy! But… I do love the outcome! Today I will be showing you the top half.
Now this is the part where I would typically start showing the before pictures but I can’t find them which makes me think that I never took them! Sorry. Let me explain though. This was originally a cherry wood highboy armoire with brass hardware. It was in great shape… it just needed to be shantied up a bit!
I removed the brass hardware.
and painted it with Rust-Oleum Hammered Brown Spray Paint.
That is the only before pic you guys get… 🙁 Sorry!
I then painted the entire piece with Olympic Off White satin paint. I had intended on spray painting but this baby did not take spray paint well…. yet another bump in the road. The piece looked very similar to this one but it has doors on the front.
After that dried I replaced all my newly painted hardware and also found these really cute knobs at Hobby Lobby for the door pulls.
I lightly sanded the edges. I wanted a slightly cleaner look for this piece so I passed on glazing… I know… Shock! I used a 3M sanding block with 80 grit paper to do my sanding on the edges and love the subtle look it achieved…
So this is where it is parked for the moment… in my living room. This is supposed to be upstairs but my hubby recently injured his back in a horse accident so now I just get to walk around it. (another bump)
I do love it though and I can’t wait to show you guys the bottom half and the final piece put together. I will share that with you soon and also show you where I will be putting it. In the meantime, enjoy the top half!
Thanks so much guys!!